Mar 8, 2007

more plates by maxim velcovsky




plus a short interview i've just made with him..

When did you decide to become a designer?
Well, I am still not sure who I am! Design is kind of way of thinking, like writing or singing. Final decision came right after I finished Academy of Applied Arts in Prague. I became free-lanced, and than I met with Jakub, who established Qubus studio at that time. Since that time people call me designer:)

Where, or from what, do you get inspiration for your work?
Life is the biggest inspiration!

What is your favorite part of the design process and why?
My favourite part of process of designing something is the process itself, because when You are done and object is born, there is no way back.

What item (PC, Mac, pen, etc) can you not do without when you are designing?
I am designing with pen, than my colleagues make the 3D visuals on the computer.
It is best way for me, because drawing brings the ideas faster. And it is more adventures in terms of imagination

Are there any things or categories of things that you won't design? Why?
I would never design ashtray or gun. I don´t like smoking cigarettes and killing.

How would you categorize your work?
My designs are objects with a cause.

Who would you like to design something for?
I´d like to design something for Greenpeace, for U2, for Kundera, for students, for Maharadjas, for Pope, Madonna, Harvey Keitel ...... there is so many people I would love to design something for.....

Your favorite designers?
All hobby masters who spent their free time by creating new objects in new contexts.

What's next?
We work with Qubus on interiors, new porcelain collection,now we design shop windows, and lots of other virtual projects..

No comments: